In celebration of Women’s History Month, the League of Women Voters of Collin County is pleased to honor six outstanding women leaders in emergency response from Allen, Frisco, McKinney, Plano, Prosper and Wylie at a luncheon on Saturday, March 18, 2017, from 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Gleneagles Country Club, 5401 Park Boulevard, Plano, TX 75093.
The honorees, who were selected by their respective cities, will share their stories about how they became motivated to work in emergency response and how their leadership has benefited their communities.
The honorees are:
- Susan Carr – Plano Director of Public Safety Communications
- Leslie Girdner – Frisco Community Education Coordinator
- Marty Nevil – Prosper Firefighter Medic
- Ursula Watson – McKinney Detective
- Christa Weisinger – Allen Police and Student Resource Officer
- Katy Willoughby – Wylie Fire Department Captain
Reservations for the luncheon are due by Thursday, March 9 ($35/person, $15/student). For more information about the luncheon and the honorees, visit www.LWVCollin.org or contact email@example.com
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. We never support or oppose any political party or candidate.